Paw Print Press

Paw Print Press

Track Season 2018

Arieanna Medrano and Ashley Sanchez

Spring sports have just started and a lot of people have decided to join track this year. Track is a really fun sport that ties in different talents. If you love running or jumping or you are really good at throwing this is the sport for you. This sport has running, long distance or short distance, hurdles, shot put, discus, long jump, high jump, javelin and relay. What is nice about track is that there is no tryouts, it is just a sport that everyone can enjoy.

Grandview Middle School has really good athletes this year and some students have or are close to beating school records. Some of these students have been practicing for long time now while some students are trying it out for the first time. The amount of people that joined this year, is much more than the previous year. A lot more students decided to try something new for spring sports, whether it had been for someone making them join or they decided to do it by themselves.

The students that joined last year have progressed better than before for example the 8th grade guys relay team. The guys relay team have already beat the school record last year with Evan, Noe, Adolfo, and Ferrel with 51.01. This year they are close to beating the record of 48.7 seconds for 8th grade with Evan, Noe, Adolfo, and Jaiden. On the meet last Wednesday they crossed the finish line with 49.98 seconds. If they keep on practicing and have dedication they can beat the record.

The girls relay team are also doing really good this year. Joselene, Daisy, Alexandra, and Brisseida were really close with beating the record last year of 54.9. This year they still have a chance of beating the record of 53.0 seconds.

There is a lot of talented students at Grandview Middle School and they are working so hard to meet their goals.