Paw Print Press

Paw Print Press

Why Homeschoolers Should play Public School Sports

EMANUEL TORRES

Some states don’t allow homeschooled students to play public school sports. Homeschooled students don’t have as much equal rights as a regular student But the states that do allow homeschoolers play sports are the states that have equal access. Homeschoolers might take to much spots on sports teams but they might just be really good at that sport. This is important because homeschoolers are just the same as regular students but same states don’t see that so they exclude homeschoolers out of the picture. Even though Homeschoolers take up more spots on sports teams and there not from there school Homeschoolers should play public school sports because equal access to homeschoolers, the evolution of sports for homeschoolers and homeschoolers could play public school sports. These examples support the need for homeschoolers playing public school sports.

To start with is Equal access. The website www.home-school.com addresses the idea of equal access. The article facts discuss equal access and why it’s important. One crucial example to support the equal access is “Ten states currently force public schools to allow Homeschoolers access to classes or sports part-time.” this means that some states believe in equal access. This matters because it is showing that the other 40 states have different laws for homeschoolers and equal access. Another important idea from a different website called www.learningliftoff.com this discusses the need for equal access. In the website it said “according to the homeschool legal defense associatoin(HSLDA) 22 states currently give homeschoolers access to public school activites.”, This means the equal access to states has increased or decreased over the years. This matters because now more states has equal access for homeschoolers.

Secondly, the evolution of sports for homeschoolers. The article title “Sports eligibility and homeschooling” addresses the importance of Homeschoolers playing public school sports. The article uses information to explain how homeschoolers can play public school sports but they have to be eligible. One key piece of information to support the evolution of sports for homeschoolers is “A student attending a private school, alternative school, or being homeschooled where an activity is not offered may participate in the activity at the  public school in their Resident. Attendance area as long all other eligibility requirements are satisfied.” This means that this evidence shows Homeschoolers can play sports but they have to be eligible. This matters because out of all the information it tells me what I want to hear. Another important idea from the website www.intellectualtakeout.com discusses the evolution of sports for homeschoolers. By starting, the article stated that “But times have changed, and many states now welcome homeschool students to their sports teams with open arms.”

In the fourth place Homeschoolers could play public school sports. The website www.nfhs.org confirms this statement by saying “Tennessee and Ohio are the most recent states that have approved the allowance of homeschoolers on school teams” this evidence shows that homeschoolers can play public school sports in some states and towns. It is showing that we need to accept anyone if or not homeschooled. Another important fact from a website called www.hslda.org and this quote says a lot, “homeschoolers have access to interscholastic contests and competitions because the Washington interscholastic activities association(WIAA) deems homeschoolers to be “Regular Members” of the local public school where they have field their notice of intent to some schools”, this evidence means that in Washington they see homeschoolers as “Regular Members”. This evidence matters because Washington sees equality.