Paw Print Press

Paw Print Press

Are Students Getting All The Help They Need?

Even though colleges aren’t always fair, schools don’t push people to their full potential and that is what makes kids feel it is a waste of time, some colleges require good grades and strong potential when some schools won’t provide, and schools don’t give kids all the support they desperately need.

Cohen Maas

Students have many struggles in school along with one or more subjects. Most of the time it’s math or science and when kids desperately need help from their teachers, they don’t provide. They give the kids tutoring after school and that affects their lives after school and it makes them a bit insecure. There is a simple solution to all of this. Have kids focus on where they are good at, and then slowly make progress with them. The school should let the students go at their own pace, so everyone is happy with what they are doing in that certain subject. Colleges do need the kids to meet a certain criteria to qualify for their college and that is where you have to stop going at a pace and just learn and succeed. Even though colleges aren’t always fair, schools don’t push people to their full potential and that is what makes kids feel it is a waste of time, some colleges require good grades and strong potential when some schools won’t provide, and schools don’t give kids all the support they desperately need.

One crucial piece of information is schools don’t push people to their full potential to keep them back with the rest so they don’t feel behind. That is why some students complain about being held back in school when sometimes it’s good. You have to do less work, less paying attention and other stuff like that. For those same reasons though, you could get in trouble and your grade will drop. Once it drops then you stop believing that you can do it and you fail. So… don’t stop paying attention and do your work because if it is easy, you should have a four. Another way schools hold students back is, they don’t have all the privileges other grades have. Many students believe in fact, that if there are enough lockers for 7th and 8th and they have like 200,000 lockers, why don’t we get any? Well they don’t have enough for all of 6th grade, so even if 6th did, you, the one fighting for lockers, may not get one. They still want all the privileges that other grades have, like sports. There could be a basketball or football prodigy that you won’t know about until next year. Along with students need for sports comes distraction, and time away from possible school related activities. Unfairness in schools is likely when it comes to sports and stuff students find important, because the schools want to please their students not teach them. Some schools think that they would rather make the school happy and not a learning experience.

Another reason students may not get all the help they need is some colleges need good grades and strong potential to accept you. There are many flaws in schools education systems today, and partially it’s the students not paying attention. Students hear the word ‘learning’ and hide their faces in their jacket as fast as possible. Well that is how it is in movies, but still sometimes happens in classes that are most important like math, science, English language arts, and social studies. Each of these important subjects could lead to a bright future that requires college. “If you don’t succeed, try, try again.” -William Edward Hickson. So when you fail, retake the test, be the best, and you’ll be in college, unless somebody has more skill or practice in other areas.

Third of all, kids don’t get all the support they need from schools. “learning.blogs.nytimes.com” introduces the reason for kids failing in some areas. The website uses expert opinion to support how the flaws in the education system keep students from reaching new heights in learning. One key piece of information to support kids not getting enough support is “One strategy is to teach children that the difference between easy and difficult subjects can provide useful information of their goals and interests.” This means not all kids lead in certain subjects. This matters because knowing what students are and aren’t good at helps you lead them even more and show them in a way you understand it.

Though kids don’t always get good grades, and colleges expect good grades, some colleges don’t treat students with the same welcomeness that they treat others. The students criteria has to include potential, grades, and (for some colleges) legacy. Another thing is how much open spaces for students they have.The admission process isn’t always how we expect it to be, things could go in your favor, or in the favor of another person. Colleges expect good grades, so if you spent hours and hours studying… it might pay off. If it doesn’t, it’s because of unfair admission, and unfair admission is why some students don’t try to get into colleges, because they might not make it even with a 4.0 GPA. Unfair admission makes students lose belief in whether they can make it to college or not. “A man is only as strong as they think they are.” – Abraham Lincoln. You can do as much as your brain thinks it can, and that is why people tell you to believe in yourself when nobody believes in you.

Even though colleges aren’t always fair and they don’t treat others equal, schools don’t push people to their full potential and that’s what makes them feel like it’s a waste of time causing them to fail, some colleges require good grades and strong potential when some schools won’t provide so students kiss goodbye their college chances, and schools don’t give students all the support they desperately need to make the student successful in the future.